Ontology is a vocabulary that describes the relationship among the individual objects in structural wiki. We are currently in the process of identifying ontologies to be reused of structural wiki. See To Do:Ontology page for additional information.
Examples of Useful Data Extraction Based On Ontology
The semantic markup will enable to inteligently extract information such as:
- bridge structures with elastomeric bearings
- suspension bridge failures due to wind load between 1900 and 2000: get videos, structure names and articles
- list of manufactures of elastomeric bearings
- list of design codes for elastomeric bearings
- http://wiki.frema.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=Help:Ontology - example of ontology