Software Categories > General Analysis
- BSDI - Program for grid analysis of steel bridges.
- CAL-91 - Legacy software from 1991 to facilitate teaching of structural analysis concepts. Source code in FORTRAN and related reports can be downloaded from the earthquake engineering online archive maintained by University of California Berkeley.
CAL-91: Computer Assisted Learning of Structural Analysis
Wilson, Edward L.
Department of Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1991,The basic purpose of the CAL language is to bridge the gap between traditional methods of teaching structural analysis and the use of automated structural analysis programs. As a result of using CAL-91, it is hoped that engineers will understand the theory and approximations which are used in modern structural analysis programs. CAL-91 is designed to interpret a sequence of commands which are supplied by the user. The commands can be given directly in an "interactive mode," or the program can read the commands from a "batch data file." The input has been redesigned so all commands, array names, and data are in free- field form. Commands for matrix analysis, direct stiffness structural analysis, and dynamic response analysis are possible. The program is written in standard FORTRAN 77 and will operate on small microcomputers or large mainframe computers. Printer plots of results can be produced. CAL-91 is used to perform linear dynamic analysis of small structural systems. It is possible to solve the following types of dynamic problems: 1. Evaluation of free-vibration mode shapes and frequencies. 2. Automatic generation of Ritz vectors to be used in mode superposition analysis or response spectra analysis. 3. Mode superposition analysis due to arbitrary loading. 4. Response spectra analysis due to earthquake loading. 5. Step- by-step analysis of structural systems with arbitrary viscous damping.
- CAL80 - This legacy software from 1985 provides computer analysis language for the static and dynamic analysis of structural systems. Source code in FORTRAN and related reports can be downloaded from the earthquake engineering online archive maintained by University of California Berkeley.
CAL-80 (SD): Computer Analysis Language for the Static and Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems
Wilson, Edward L.; Hoit, Marc Ira
Department of Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, Modified: F. Seible and C.T. Latham, Department of Applied Mechanics and Engineering Science, University of California, San Diego 1985., 1980,CAL80 (SD) is an extensive modification of CAL78 which has options ranging from simple matrix manipulation, as an extension of classical structural analysis, to the direct stiffness formulation of structural systems with extensions to dynamic analysis in the time or frequency domain. An accompanying program, SIMPAL, contained within the CAL80 source code provides a transition to production-type programs for structural analysis by including options for data generation and geometry checks by screen plots. CAL80 operates as an interactive program but can also operate in batch mode by taking commands from an input file rather than a terminal. It is a database-driven program that is modularly constructed, with communication between each module controlled by a database manager. Small individual program segments, efficiently assembled by the use of run-time libraries and interconnected by a common database, allow applications not only on minicomputers and large mainframes, but also on microcomputer systems.
- ETABS - Integrated analysis, design and drafting of building systems.
- LARSA - Finite-element-based analysis and design software for structural and earthquake engineering.
- Lusas - Suite of finite element analysis software for all types of linear and nonlinear stress, dynamics, composite and thermal engineering analysis problems. Includes LUSAS Bridge, LUSAS Civil & Structural, LUSAS Composite, LUSAS Analyst, LUSAS Academic.
- Midas/Civil - Integrated Solution System for Civil Structural Engineering. Features: unlimited number of nodes, elements and load combinations; construction sequence analysis; time dependent material properties to simulate creep and shrinkage; suspension and cable-stayed bridge analyses; moving load analysis; geometric non-linear analysis; heat of hydratation analysis.
- Objexx-SISAME-3D - Objexx-SISAME-3D is a novel round-trip structural impact modeling system that performs optimal model extraction as well as simulation of impact or linear domain events. Models can be extracted from experimental data and finite element simulations. Objexx-SISAME-3D can be used to tune FE-based models to match experimental data. Models can be extracted from multiple events. Ray-traced animations can be generated as well as a range of quantitative outputs.
- PROKON - PROKON Structural Analysis and Design is a suite of over thirty structural analysis, design and detailing programs. The first PROKON programs were developed in 1989, and are now used worldwide in over eighty countries. The suite is modular in nature, but its true power lies in the tight integration between analysis, design and detailing programs. Prokon Structural Analysis and Design
- Autodesk Revit Structure Suite - AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite combines AutoCAD software with the Revit Structure building information modeling (BIM) application.
- S-Frame - General 3D frame and finite elements structural analysis software.
- SAFE - Integrated design of flat slabs, foundation mats, and spread footings.
- STAAD - STAAD is structural engineering software for 3D model generation, analysis and multi-material design. Capabilities for static, dynamic, or pushover analysis of bridges, containment structures, embedded structures (tunnels and culverts), pipe racks, steel, concrete, aluminum or timber buildings, transmission towers, stadiums or any other simple or complex structure.
Contains the following modules:
STAAD.beava - Bridge Engineering Automated Vehicle Application
STAAD.beam - design of composite, noncomposite and partially composite steel beams
STAAD.foundation - design of isolated footings, combined footings, strip footings, pile caps and mat foundations.
STAAD.offshore - design of offshore structuresOpenSTAAD - library of functions that can be accessed via the COM (Component Object Model) interface
- Slabs by the Pieper-Martens method - Windows program for slab analysis by the Pieper-Martens method. Reinforced concrete design of slabs according to EC2. 4-way slabs, 3-way slabs, 2-way slabs and cantilever concrete slabs of orthogonal shape. Any ratio of slab sides, any system of continuous slabs. Capability of calculating loads for supporting beams (not mandatory). Paged printing of input data and results. Greek and English versions of the software. Brief manual, complete legend for symbols and notation, example.
- VisualAnalysis - Easy to use frame and finite-element tool.
- WARP3D - Static and Dynamic Nonlinear Analysis of Fracture in Solids
- YieldLine Analysis - YieldLine Analysis program is based on Yield Line Theory to analyse quadrilateral orthotropic slabs, supported on two, three or four sides.
It uses the equilibrium method to identify critical yield pattern and a work solution to calculate the collapse load and design moments in a slab. The program can substantially cut down the design time in identifying the critical yield pattern. The accuracy of the final solution can be refined depending on the fineness of the grid.
The program can be used to assess the effects of various assumed yield line patterns. It can also assist in understanding that virtual work method solution converges more rapidly than the equilibrium method.YieldLine Analysis is a fully integrated analysis tool. You can create, analyse and display data without leaving YieldLine Analysis environment.