Challenge: Users of popular CAD applications have to take time-consuming tedious steps - such as re-aligning co-ordinates, writing macros, or consolidating regions - when calculating often needed section properties.
Solution: SectionCalc 4.0 is breakthrough "training free" wizard that enables users to obtain fourteen (14) vital section properties of any imaginable section created in any popular CAD application using a few mouse clicks.
The 14 section properties simultaneously calculated by SectionCalc 4.0 in one step are:
- Centroid location
- Moments of Inertia (Ixx and Iyy)
- Product of Inertia
- Polar Moments of Inertia
- Distance of neutral axis from extremes (Cx and Cy)
- Radius of gyration (kx and ky)
- Section Modulii (Sx and Sy)
Key benefits of SectionCalc:
- Accepts any imaginable section defined using lines, arcs, and circles
- Automatically aligns results to centroid
- Automatically detects multiple imbedded holes and regions
- Automatic verification of section-detection and display of centroid location
- Less than one second calculation time for 14 section properties
- Import DXF (R14) compliant files (all popular CAD applications support this format).
- Export results in Excel csv (comma separated values) standard format
- User selectable choice of inches, mm, cm, ft, and meter units
- Up to ten (10) decimal places precision (user definable)
Results in three easy steps:
With SectionCalc 4.0, calculating properties of cross-sections created in CAD applications is easy as 1, 2, and 3!
- Save profile in CAD in DXF format
- Load profile in SectionCalc 4.0
- Get results.
If you need CAD section properties, you need SectionCalc 4.0!
Here the user wants to calculate the section properties of a CAD section containing holes and islands as shown in the illustration. The user has saved the profile geometry in CAD in standard DXF (R14) format. SectionCalc 4.0 can calculate fourteen (14) section properties of the section saved as DXF file in just a few seconds.