Bearing can have multiple meanings, such as:
- The angular position of a line referred to a meridian.
- The support for a shaft, axle, or trunnion.
- The shoes for a span.
- The resistance to crushing as offered by a member.
- The pressure transferred from one member to another.
- The capacity of a pile to carry load.
- The support for a beam, pin, bolt, or rivet.
- expansion joints
- elastomeric bearings
- pot bearing
- disc bearing
- seismic isolation bearing
- restrainer cable
- D.S. Brown website Bearings and Expansion Joint Systems for Bridges
- Mageba website Bridge Bearings and Expansion Joints
- R.J. Watson website Bridge Bearings and Expansion Joints
- Technoslide Bridge Bearings
- Choice of Bearings
- Steel Bridge Bearing Design and Detailing Guidelines AASHTO/NSBA Steel Bridge Collaboration, 2004
|Home > Topics > Bearing|