SoftwareCategory:Finite Element Analysis, Civil/Structural
Software Categories > Finite Element Analysis, Civil/Structural
- ASHSD2 - Legacy software from 1969 evaluates the time dependent displacements and stresses of complex axisymmetric structures subjected to any arbitrary static or dynamic loading or base acceleration. Source code in FORTRAN and related reports can be downloaded from the earthquake engineering online archive maintained by University of California Berkeley. ASHSD2: Dynamic Stress Analysis of Axisymmetric Structures Under Arbitrary Loading Ghosh, Sukumar; Wilson, Edward L. Department of Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, Revised by: C.-J. Lin, United Engineers and Constructors, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1974., 1969, ASHSD2 evaluates the time dependent displacements and stresses of complex axisymmetric structures subjected to any arbitrary static or dynamic loading or base acceleration. The three-dimensional axisymmetric continuum is represented either as an axisymmetric thin shell, or as a solid of revolution, or as a combination of both. The axisymmetric shell is discretized as a series of frustrums of cones and the solid of revolution as triangular or quadrilateral toroids connected at their nodal point circles. The program can solve five cases of loading: dead load, arbitrary static load, arbitrary dynamic load, horizontal and vertical component of earthquake acceleration record applied at the base of the finite element model. A separate version of the program for static analysis only (ASHSAB.FOR) contains in-core as well as out-of-core equation solvers.
- Advance Design - Advance Design was specifically developed for industry professionals that require a superior solution for the structural analysis and design of Reinforced Concrete and Steel structures. Advance Design features include easy modeling, a powerful FEM analysis engine, top-level design wizards, automated post-processing of results and automated reports.
- Analysis for Windows - Finite Element Analysis package for 2D and 3D constructions (frames and trusses). Small and easy to use, with special focus on the user friendly Windows interface. Includes structural steel design, namely: recommendation of the best cross-section; plastic and elastic design according to Eurocode 3. Each cross-section is tested for: plastic tension or compression; bending moment (major and minor axis); plastic shear resistance; torsion (Saint Venant and warping torsion); reduced plastic shear resistance for the case of combined torsion and shear; reduced moment resistance for the case of combined bending and shear; reduced plastic moment resistance for the case of combined bending and axial force or bi-axial bending; compression buckling; lateral torsional buckling; combined bending and axial compression (Chen and Atsuta); maximum deflection. Large library of commonly used sections included (AISC, British Steel, DIN, Euronorm). Construction or structural drawings can be imported from, or exported to, AutoCAD.
- AxisVM - Structural analysis software for steel, concrete, wood, aluminum or composite structures. Design of steel and concrete beams, columns, slabs, membranes, shells.
- BeamElas - Versatile finite element program for the analysis of any combination of foundation shape and cross section, including pipe and beam, resting on an elastic foundation. Supports multiple load combinations. A straightforward and concise single input and output screen features graphical display of the applied loads, resulting moments, shear, deflection, rotation, and soil pressure.
- Cadre Pro - Finite element structural analysis software for plate and beam type structures. Buckling, p-delta, dynamic vibration and shock analysis capabilities. Unique element types include eccentric end-loaded beams, springs, and one way elements.
- CivilFEM - Civil/Structural customization of the ANSYS Finite Element program.
- FEM (Fine) - The program is applicable for the modelling of a large class of geotechnical problems such as terrain settlement, sheeting ang supporting structures, slope stability, beams on foundation, excavation, etc. FEM program is a part of a geotechnical software suite GEO4. It is easy to understand and use system comprises individual modules with uniform user environment and mutual communication.
- Fin 3D - Static, eigenvalue, second order, and linear stability analysis of 3D frame structures.
- GT Strudl - Structural Design & Analysis software programs for Architectural - Engineering - Construction (AEC), CAE/CAD, utilities, offshore, industrial, nuclear and civil works facilities. GT STRUDL integrates modeling, analysis, and design into a powerful information processing system. GT STRUDL key features include Linear and Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis, Plastic Hinges, Pushover Analysis, and Buckling Analysis. A wide range of 2D and 3D elements are available including Cable and Base Isolation elements. US and International Steel and Concrete Design Codes. CAD interfaces are available including the ability to import and export CIS/2 files.
- LIRA - Software package for numerical analysis of structures' strength and stability and computer-aided design process.
- LUSAS Civil & Structural - Structural engineering analysis software with comprehensive facilities for all types of civil and structural analysis including linear, nonlinear, staged construction, creep, prestress, post tensioning, seismic, blast, buckling, impact, fire and fatigue analysis.
LUSAS Civil & Structural software is used on all types of structures from buildings, grandstands and towers through to dams, docks and tunnels.Software in available in 3 software levels with software options available to extend analysis capabilities to allow Vehicle Load Optimisation, Fast Multifrontal Solvers, Interactive Modal Dynamic Analysis, Nonlinear Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, Thermal / Field Analysis, Heat of Hydration Analysis, Rail Track Analysis.
- OpenSees - OpenSees is an open source software framework for structural and geotechnical applications in both sequential and parallel environments. It has been developed in the research community as a means of sharing research ideas and developments via a common software platform. It has elements and materials for structural beam-column analysis and continuum analysis, geotechnical contiuum analysis and soil-structure interaction. It provides many options for solution algorithms, integration schemes, and equation solvers.
A number of applications are provided for sequential and parallel usage.It is primarily written in C++, though it makes usee of many legacy ruoutines written in c and fortran. Element and materials API's allow new elements and materials to be written in C or fortran, which can be dynamically linked to run with the existing interpreters.
- Real3D-Analysis - Real3D-Analysis a powerful frame-finite element analysis and design program built from ground up, with latest technologies from the fields of finite element analysis, numerical computation and computer graphics. It brings accuracy, reliability, and ease of use to average structural engineers to perform static analysis, dynamic analysis and concrete design of general truss, frame, plate and shell structures. It features unique 128-bit floating point solver, multiple document interface spreadsheet input and output as well as compelling graphics built upon industry standard OpenGL(R).
- Revit Structure - Revit Structure software integrates a multimaterial physical model with an independently editable analytical model for efficient analysis, design, and documentation. Create your own models or import architectural files from AutoCAD Architecture or Revit Architecture. Bidirectional linking to structural analysis software enables accurate model updates, while parametric change management technology coordinates those updates across your documents.
- Robot Millenium - Single solution for the structural engineer incorporating frames, finite elements and design in mixed materials with advanced solution possibilities into an intuitive native Windows interface.
- SAP2000 - Integrated software for structural analysis and design.
- STRAP - Structural, civil and bridge engineering software.
- Scia Engineer - Scia Engineer analyses, designs and details any type of structure. From the simplest to the most complex construction in concrete, steel, aluminium, plastic, timber or mixed, with integration of the local and international codes and with a link between the analysis and drawing components.
- Sofistik - FEA and CAD software for civil and structural engineering modeling, analysis, design, and detailing. SOFiSTiK is one of the most complete FE packages and covers almost all structural engineering disciplines: building, bridges, foundation, tunneling, membranes, lightweight, dynamics. Design code checks can be performed for 18 international codes.
FEA suite (SOFiSTiK) includes the following programs: Sofistik Structural Desktop - SSD (main user interface that helps the user control various modules), CADINP (text editor and script language to define parametric input), SOFIPLUS (standard pre-processor based on AutoCAD), ASE (3D finite element analysis), STAR (3D frame analysis), SlabDesigner PRO (analysis of slabs, walls, frames and grillages), TALPA (linear and nonlinear plain strain/stress analysis), HASE (soil-structure interaction), PFAHL (analysis of pile foundations), HYDRA (analysis of potential problems), PHYSICA (multiphysical code for computation fluid dynamics that can be used for dynamic wind analysis of bridges and buildings).CAD Suite (SOFiCAD) includes the following programs: SOFiCAD DETAILING (tools for construction and formwork planning), SOFICAD REINFORCEMENT (used to generate reinforcement drawings within AutoCAD), SOFiCAD BAMTEC (detailing of reinforcement mats), SOFiCAD ALIGNMENT (horizontal and vertical alignment of highway structures and bridges), SOFiCAD STEELWORK (steel detailing), SOFiCAD DATA-EXCHANGE.
- Tekla Structures - Fully integrated 3D solution that enables creation and management of complete 3D building models regardless of material or structural complexity. The Tekla Structures solution covers the whole structural design process from conceptual design to detailing, and to construction. Tekla Structures now integrates XSteel, which was earlier an independent program for steel detailing.
- WinSTRUDL - 2D and 3D finite element analysis program with truss, beam and plate elements. Analysis types: static, P-Delta, dynamic (frequency, response spectra analysis, time history analysis), moving load. Concrete design according to ACI and steel design according to AISC. Consists of the following 10 components: (1) WMaster - management program for WinStrudl; (2) WinFrame - enables one to define model and load in graphic mode; (3) WinEd - Windows-based text editor integrated with WinPlot; (4) WSTRUDL - structural and analysis program capable of handling 2D and 3D Truss/Frame/Plate elements for both static and dynamic problems; (5) WinPost - post processor of WSTRUDL. Generates enveloped moment and shear diagrams and is integrated into ASD, LRFD, and ACI; (6) WinPlot - graphical utility program for WinStrudl; (7) WinBeam - continuous beam program; (8) ASD - AISC allowable steel design program. Capable of doing both code check and sizing; (9) LRFD - AISC LRFD steel design program. Capable of doing both code check and sizing; (10) ACI - ACI concrete design program. Includes concrete designs of beam, column, footing, and load-moment interaction diagrams.